Sunday 2 September 2012

Fringe Frolics: part two

Just a sample of the tickets I collected over the last month.
So, the Fringe is well and truly behind us now.  A full week has passed since I've had to write a 120 word review of anything and it's about time I wrapped up my Fringe stats.  Now, I can't be bothered working out the coffee intake, or the junk food factor (let's just say both were WAAAAY too high), but I can tot up stars and shows easily enough.

Final Results
Shows seen: 45 (+2 I paid to see)
Mean number of shows per day reviewing: 3.75
Total stars awarded: 142
Hang-on-you-can't-take-a-mean-average-of-ordinal-data mean number of stars awarded per show: 3.1555...
Cumulative damage to faith in humanity (n of 1 star shows seen): 1
Cumulative faith in humanity restored (n of 5 star shows seen): 3 (we're in credit!)
Best Theatre: Solve.  An excellent little play of menace, guilt and warmth, brilliantly scripted and wonderfully acted.
Best Comedy: Jollyboat.  Pirate themed musical comedy.  So good I bought the merchandise.
Best Shakespeare: Othello: The Remix.  Othello, in rap.  Much, much better than it sounds.
Worst Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night's Dream (As You Like It).  An EIF production costing £24 a ticket and completely self-indulgent.  'Dream On', the entire cast of which had learning difficulties, was genuinely a better show.
Worst show: Poison.  Drugs are bad, mmm-kay?  Astonishingly heavy-handed and utterly banal.
Times Soaked: 5.  (After a bad start, August picked up somewhat.)
Times Sunburnt: 0.  (Just not that much.)
Stupidest Thing Done: Following The Noise Next Door around from 12:30am to 7:00am after a full day reviewing, when I then had shows to review at 11am.
Best Thing Done: Following The Noise Next Door around from 12:30am to 7:00am after a full day reviewing, when I then had shows to review at 11am.
Hours Slept on Tuesday 28th August (the day after the Fringe finished): 18.

See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment